Please read this before applying.
Welcome to the volunteer registration form for KotoriCon! Thank you very much for signing up to become one of our volunteers for this year! Please help us improve the experience at 'the little con with a big heart'!
All volunteers are asked to work at least 5 hours at KotoriCon, consisting of 5 1-hour shifts. Sign ups for your shifts will come later after you sign up to volunteer. Also, you will be required to wear a KotoriCon Staff shirt while on a shift. You will be given this shirt and it is bright orange this year so we can easily find our volunteers. You will also be given a name tag and dog tag. You can change and wear cosplay, or do anything you want when not on your shift, but when on your shift YOU MUST WEAR YOUR STAFF SHIRT.
To be a volunteer at KotoriCon, you must be 18 or older to apply alone. Those under 18 looking to volunteer must apply with an adult guardian's application (there is room to add you at the bottom of their form)
If you are not a previous volunteer, a GCC student, or GCC staff, you will have to pay for a ticket for KotoriCon. You will be reimbursed after you are done your 5 hours. Tickets are available at kotoricon2014.eventbrite.com/
You are also asked to attend a volunteer orientation, the dates of which will be worked out at a later time.
At KotoriCon, we have a squad system. Each squad handles a different area of the con, and you can pick which you prefer. We will take your squad choice into consideration, but be prepared to be assigned to a different squad as we might need you somewhere else due to volunteer load. The different squads you will pick from are as follows:
- Squad 1 - Guest Relations: This is the Squad that works with the Guests and Green Room. Duties include: Working the Green Room (door security and in green room), and helping the guests.
- Squad 2 - Con Ops/Security/Volunteers: This is the Squad that runs Con Ops, helps with security at the doors and buildings, and manages volunteers. Duties include: Door security, setup for the con, patrolling the buildings, and registration.
- Squad 3 - Programming: This Squad handles the programming aspect of KotoriCon, which includes screening rooms, performances, and panels. Duties include: Watching/managing a screening room, checking badges at a panel room, and helping out at the Main Stage.
- Squad 4 - Artists/Dealers: This is the Squad that runs Artist Alley and the Dealers Room. Duties include: Working at dealer and artist registration, helping dealers and artists setup, running the charity auction and running the JAG Table.
- Squad 5 - Public Relations: This is the Squad that handles Press Relations, our Information Desk, and updating signs.
Thank-you again for your interest in helping KotoriCon. You will find the application form by clicking this link: at https://creator.zoho.com/melonashes/kotoricon-volunteer-application/form-perma/Kotoricon_Volunteer